Friday, November 18, 2011

The Making of "Lobsternaut" PART DUEX!

STEP 6: Sanding and prepping for paint
------> Sanded everything down to the shapes I wanted

------> Finish sculpting details on the back, and made sure it stands up on it's own.

------->once again, coat everything in gel medium to make sure everything is solid (one problem with these clays is that they are still pretty breakable after they dry...BUT not when coated welll with gel medium)


S
TEP 7: Base coat: Taped up and ready to paint

-----> I prefer to use Montana brand GOLD spray paints (painted chrome, and dried a day)


S
TEP 8: Finish
-----> finished painting helmet with regular acrylic paints

-----> during different paint dry times on the helmet, I finally began work on the plush (This was a mix of regular acrylics and my favorite - UNI POSCA paint markers.)

-----> A final touch was to use POLYWATCH to polish out as many of the scratches from the old ladle (helmet) as possible.


Let me know if you found this helpful at all, or if you have any questions about the process, I know it isn't that complicated but I posted this for those who wanted to know.

No comments: